At my day job at DirectEmployers we like two things: Python and Job Boards. So we decided to create a job board for Python jobs using our .JOBS Microsite platform. As of today (March 5) there are 5.995 open Python developer positions listed on Python.Jobs.
- Employers are companies you know like Facebook, Intel, EMC, Red Hat, Nvidia, VMware, Nuance, Marvell, Cisco, Hewlett-Packard, Microsoft Corporation, Dell, Rackspace and hundreds more
- Jobs are pulled from DirectEmployer Members (about 650 Fortune 1000 companies) and the NLX (the job exchange network that we operate for US state workforce agencies).
- The apply button links to the employer’s online application site. Sorry in advance if some are ugly… but applicant tracking software vendors make some pretty heinous looking websites.
- No fake jobs.
- Minimal duplication. You’ll have the original job listed, not the one with a recruiter attached to it.
- If there is a staffing agency listed, it is because the staffing agency is making the hire.
- All jobs are W-2 employee positions (some of the employers might be open to contracting)
The .JOBS Microsite Platform is written in Python using Django and Haystack/Solr. Originally, it was designed as a spot solution, but it has grown to power a network of around 40,000 .JOBS sites. The platform lets us set up new branded career sites for employers as well as create very functional, easy to use job sites.
Oh, and if you are interested in joining our team… we’re hiring.