Engineers love to be Scotty from Star Trek. He’s engineering’s version of Superman.
Before you hire Scotty, keep a few things in mind:
- There’s also one Scotty allocated to a starship.
- Your Scotty will probably have kids and a wife expecting him home for a birthday party at 5:30.
- Scotty likes to drink heavily. Probably the result of too many last minute saves.
- Unlike Star Trek Scotty, your engineering superman is not part of a crew that is light years from home and can leave.
- Your Scotty doesn’t live in a universe without contrivances like money and paychecks.
Oh, and keep in mind that Scotty usually saves the day at the last minute… usually after the ship is half destroyed by the enemy of the day.