The US Federal Government made it’s web stats public today. Now if you’ve ever wanted to see what traffic at a truly large web property looks like, you can. Here are a few highlights:
- Most visitors on government websites are looking for their tax refund.
- The second most visitors are checking NOAA’s weather forecast.
- Chrome is winning the browser war at just over 30% of all users
- 25% of all traffic comes from Apple devices – 16% from iPod, iPhone, and iPad, and another 9% from Mac.
- Desktop web browser account for 67% of all traffic… Mobile for the remaining 33%.
If you haven’t looked – analytics.usa.gov.